Last year I was an exhibitor at the San Francisco Writers Conference and it was quite an experience. I met and briefly spoke with a number of presenters including Guy Kawasaki, Nina Amir and Susanne Lakin. I didn’t have time to attend any of the sessions but friends who did said they were wonderful.
If you haven’t signed up for the West Coast’s premiere writing conference, don’t delay. Literary agent Michael Larsen, one of the founders of this event with his wife (and literary agent) Elizabeth Pomada, promises that this year’s conference will be the best one yet.
I’ll be exhibiting again and I’ll be a presenter and panelist. I’m excited about that! Even if you don’t sign up for the entire conference, you can still attend the pre- and post-conference workshops. Here’s a list of them.
Thursday, February 13, 2014
9 am to noon
- WRITING IN THE ZONE: 5 Steps to Inspired Flow. Lisa Tener. $99
- WHAT’S THE BIG—OR LITTLE IDEA? Creating a Concept that Will Succeed. Matthew Frederick. $99
- 3 STEPS TO A WINNING PROPOSAL: What You Need to Know to Sell or Publish a Nonfiction Book. Mike Larsen, Jody Rein. $99
- PITCHCRAFT: How to Make The Perfect Pitch. Katharine Sands. $125
- BEING AN AUTHOR FOR THE LONG HAUL: How to Balance Marketing & Writing. Anne Hill. $99
6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- BLOOD MONEY: The Essential Elements of Bestselling Crime Fiction. Sheldon Siegel. $125
- THE TRUTH ABOUT FICTION: Finding Your Story and Understanding How to Tell It. Chuck Adams. $12
- PLOTTING FOR MIDDLE GRADE AND YOUNG ADULT STORIES. Martha Alderson. $99
- SUCCESS IN THE AGE OF MICROMEDIA: How to Think Like a Media Outlet to Grow Your Platform and Get More Publicity. Rusty Shelton. $125
- PREPPING YOUR IDEA AND YOURSELF FOR SUCCESS: 9 Steps for Developing a Winning Business Plan for Your Book. Nina Amir. $99
Monday, February 17, 2014
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- SELF-PUBLISHING BOOT CAMP: Going Step-by-Step to Publish, Promote, and Sell Your Books in Print and Every Popular E-book Format. This day-long boot camp with a team of experts is packed with how-to information on formatting, publishing, promoting, and selling your book in print and every popular e-book format. You will leave with the print version of the Self-Publishing Boot Camp Guide for Authors, freebies, discounts, and a clear vision of how to publishing your book. Carla King. $198
9 a.m. to noon
- HOW TO GET PUBLISHED SUCCESSFULLY. Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry. $125
- HOW TO SELL ALMOST 100% OF YOUR NONFICTION WRITING. Gordon Burgett. $99
- UNLOCKING THE KEY TO YOUR MEMOIR: Finding Your Voice. Adair Lara. $125
2 to 5 p.m.
- TERSE, TENSE & TIGHT: Taming Books into Screenplays and Teleplays. Marilyn R. Atlas. $125
- PUBLISH YOUR BOOK FREE IN MINUTES, MARKET IT WORLDWIDE IN DAYS. Gordon Burgett. $99
- HOW TO MANAGE SOCIAL MEDIA IN 30 MINUTES A DAY: 4 Steps for Saving Time While Meeting Your Goals. Frances Caballo. $99
- WORDPRESS BLOGS FOR NON-TECHIES: Bring Your Laptop, Leave with a Blog. Linda Lee. $99
Everyone who attends my conference will receive a free copy of my book Social Media Just for Writers: The best online marketing tips for selling your books. I’ll also have my new book available for sale, Avoid Social Media Time Suck: A Blueprint for Writers Who Want to Create Online Buzz for Their Books and Still Have Time to Write. Join us. This conference has something to offer every writer in every genre!
About the Author: Frances Caballo is a social media manager for writers and author of Avoid Social Media Time Suck: A Blueprint for Writers to Create Online Buzz for Their Books and Still Have Time to Write, Social Media Just for Writers: The Best Online Marketing Tips for Selling Your Books and Blogging Just for Writers. Presently, she is the Social Media Manager for the Women’s National Book Association-SF Chapter, the San Francisco Writers Conference, and the Bay Area Independent Publishers Association. You can find her on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+.
Practical Tips for Marketing Your Books on the Social Web