Plus 5 Book Marketing Tips
You’ve been awesome so far. Within the first four days of asking for reviews I received five — the number I needed to get into directories.
As wonderful as that is, to get the visibility I need for this podcast I need additional subscribers and reviews.
So anyone who subscribes, reviews and send me a screenshot of their review will still receive a free eBook of your choice — as long as it’s one that I’ve written.
Marketing the podcast has been thrilling and exhausting. It’s like launching a book.
I’ve learned a few lessons that I think can be applied to your book marketing techniques and I want to share them with you.
How to Market Your Podcast (or Books)
- Design your image right away. For me that meant the very first task was to create the Social Media for Authors Podcast logo. For you, as soon as you’ve firmed up your book title, have a cover designed (and let your readers vote on various versions) and start referring to your new book. Discuss challenges, obstacles, and successes.
- Podcasting is another form of content marketing. So create the best episodes (chapters) that you can.
- Ask your audience for advice. In my case, I devised a survey. You can ask for suggestions for venues or names of characters in your next book.
- Grow your email list.Click To Tweet. This is so important. Social media helps you cultivate relationships with your readers but email marketing allows you to communicate directly with your readers.
- Create a podcast page on your website. You’ll want to create a web page for each of your books. If you look at my Books Page, you’ll see a summary of each book and the option to read more about each book.
This week’s roundup focuses on book marketing techniques. I hope you enjoy these posts — I did!
7 Types Of Book Launch Events You Can Use To Gain Best Seller Status For Your Book by Shelley Hitz: If you have a book that’s being published soon, you’ll want to take advantage of all that a book launch can offer! In this video, I describe seven types of book launch events with resources for you to consider:
5 Steps to Building Your Most Successful Marketing Campaign Yet by Indies Unlimited: As an indie author, you cannot succeed without a marketing campaign.At its core, marketing is nothing more than telling a story. Indies UnlimitedClick To TweetIt’s just applied in a different context. Here are the 5 steps you already use to captivate your readers that you can use to build your most successful campaign yet. If you have a book that’s being published soon, you’ll want to take advantage of all that a book launch can offer!
Blogger Outreach by Adam Connell:*Note: This is a great post that applies nicely to book marketing. Have you ever emailed another blogger and struggled to get a response? Maybe you wanted to pitch a guest post idea or wanted to invite them to take part in an interview. Whatever the reason, the results are usually the same – silence. Imagine if you were able to not just get a response, you were able to get a positive response that enabled you to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with that blogger.
Don’t forget to head over to iTunes to listen, subscribe and Review the Social Media for Authors Podcast.
About the Author: Frances Caballo is an author and social media strategist and manager for writers. You can receive a free copy of her book Twitter Just for Writers by signing up for her newsletter. Connect with Frances on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+.